Endings and Beginnings

Tonight is the end of the year concert for my son's High School Band. This is the end of his second year of high school. This Fall will be the beginning of his last two year of High School. This is his last year without a driver's license. That event will lead to a whole world of new beginnings. Leaving home by himself, dating, becoming a responsible self sufficient young man and taking steps toward adulthood.

My granddaughter turns 5 next week. The end of preschool. The beginning of Kindergarten in a new school in a new house & in a new town. That's a lot of beginnings and endings for a 5 year old. But she is so excited about her new room, her new school and all the NEW friends she "gets" to meet.

Makes me wonder if I face all my beginnings and endings with such enthusiasm. I really don't think I do. And why is that? Probably because I am, like many, too comfortable with the present. I like to think I'm a flexible person, but am I really? Not enough.

What if there were no ending or beginnings? We wouldn't have seasons, butterflies, babies, growth, etc...
If the caterpillar didn't end the butterfly couldn't begin. If the seasons didn't end we wouldn't have growing crops, snow to feed the rivers, or fall leaves to enjoy. If the pregnancy didn't end, there would be no beginning of a new life.

We need beginnings and endings.
  • "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1-3 
  • "In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands." Psalm 102:25
  • "In the beginning was the Word" John 1:1
  • "It is finished." John 19:30
  • "Your sins are forgiven" Luke 7:48

    Comments