JEREMIAH LESSONS

GOD WILL PROVIDE WHEN HE CALLS ME:
The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” 6 “Alas, Sovereign Lord,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
7 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord. 
9 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.  Jeremiah 1: 5-9

Just as HE did with Jeremiah, so HE will do with me. 
When HE calls, HE will provide the security and the words to speak.

MY SELF-SUFFICIENCY IS FAULTY AND FUTILE:
They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water. Jeremiah 2:13

GOD offers free, refreshing water, 
but I would rather sweat and dig my our leaky well!

DISOBEDIENCE LEADS TO DISASTER:
Is Israel a servant, a slave by birth? Why then has he become plunder? 15 Lions have roared; they have growled at him. They have laid waste his land; his towns are burned and deserted. 16 Also, the men of Memphis and Tahpanhes have cracked your skull. 17 Have you not brought this on yourselves by forsaking the Lord your God when he led you in the way? Jeremiah 2:14-17

Whenever I disobey or forsake GOD, 
a disaster is always looming.
Why can't I learn my lesson? 
How like Israel I am!

God instructed Jeremiah to call to repent of their evil ways and return to their first and only true love, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. God also makes the same call to me and to you today.

Just reading the first two chapters again have reminded me that we are a fallen world; born sinners who need a LIVING SAVIOR! I pray that unlike Israel, I will heed Jeremiah's warnings in a timely manner.





Comments