JEREMIAH LESSONS - PART 2

WE REVEL AND TAKE PRIDE IN OUR SIN:
3:2 “Look up to the barren heights and see. Is there any place where you have not been ravished? By the roadside you sat waiting for lovers, sat like a nomad in the desert. You have defiled the land with your prostitution and wickedness. 3 Therefore the showers have been withheld, and no spring rains have fallen. Yet you have the brazen look of a prostitute; you refuse to blush with shame. 

How often do we, like Israel, get so caught up in our sin
that we enjoy it instead of being ashamed?

OTHERS SIN BECAUSE OF US:
3:6 During the reign of King Josiah, the Lord said to me, “Have you seen what faithless Israel has done? She has gone up on every high hill and under every spreading tree and has committed adultery there. 7 I thought that after she had done all this she would return to me but she did not, and her unfaithful sister Judah saw it. 8 I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery.

There is always someone watching us, no matter what we do.
We should always remember that nothing we do is secret.

WE DON'T LEARN FROM THE SINS OF OTHERS:
3:9 Because Israel’s immorality mattered so little to her, she defiled the land and committed adultery with stone and wood. 10 In spite of all this, her unfaithful sister Judah did not return to me with all her heart, but only in pretense,” declares the Lord.


Oh, how often we justify our sins, because we saw 
or heard of others committing the same sin?

SIN WILL TAKE US FARTHER THAN WE EVER WISHED TO GO:
5:19 And when the people ask, ‘Why has the Lord our God done all this to us?’ you will tell them, As you have forsaken me and served foreign gods in your own land, so now you will serve foreigners in a land not your own.’


One step in wrong direction can lead to exile.


I pray that I would head these warnings and watch my steps and actions. I pray that I would hear GOD telling me to turn around when I stray.

Comments