Has It Really Been 18 Years?

10 days old

18 years

It is so hard to believe that 18 years have come and gone. He was due Saturday, Dec. 11, but God and my boss had other plans.
You see in Dec. 1993 our church was in full production mode of our Christmas pageant. We're talking several hundred people (choir, cast, tech, dressers, make-up etc.) Also my husband was one of the three kings (wise men).  Dress Rehearsal was Friday night, Dec. 10, performances were Sunday afternoon , night and Monday night. my due date was at a critical point in our time line. The joke is that my boss, the Minister of Music, prayed my womb closed.
Dec. 10 we went to dress rehearsal, couldn't be left home in case I  went into labor. Saturday came and went without incident. Sunday, 2 performances, Monday - work then the final performance. Keith and the other 2 wise men arrived to see the toddler Jesus and deliver their gifts. They walked off stage and I went to the restroom. That's when I lost my mucus plug. Tuesday the rest of the staff went to dismantle the set, I stayed, answered the phone and did office work. Started feeling strange  around 10 a.m., but nothing dibilitating. Continued working, went home, prepared dinner. As we were eating, I informed Keith that I thought I might need to go to the hospital.
OH YEAH, dialated to a 5! We were having a baby.
About 14 hours, 2 epidurals and a C-section later - Alexander Hayden Johnson made his apperance! All 9 lbs. 15 oz. of him on December 15.
Life has been a blur ever since.

Comments